What episode is this?

Welcome everybody to the Forum where we can talk about adventures in time and space ... told in future tense. I mean talking about stories of the future, adventures in which you'll live in a million could-be years on a thousand may-be worlds!!!!
Bobby P

What episode is this?

Post by Bobby P »

I need help identifying the title and date of an X-Minus One show. The beginning of the show is intact but the title is missing. I can't find this particular episode listed in any log.

It concerns a convict who was given the choice of prison on Earth or exile on Mars. After a few years on Mars he is desperate to return to Earth even if it means going to prison. He complains that Mars is always cold. In the end he hijacks a rocket and ends up landing on Earth in the middle of winter and dying in a snowstorm.

Does anyone out there know the name of this episode and/or the broadcast date?
Walt

RE: What episode is this?

Post by Walt »

Doesn't sound like X-1 to me. There are a bunch of non-X-1 shows that the X-1 opening was added to at some time. You may have one of those.

Walt
jeffcovey

that's from "exploring tomorrow"

Post by jeffcovey »

the episode you heard is from "exploring tomorrow", a pretty good series
with rambling, quasi-drunken introductions by john campbell.
gwangi featured it on his radio review here.
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

Re: that's from "exploring tomorrow"

Post by CharlieSummers »

jeffcovey wrote:the episode you heard is from "exploring tomorrow", a pretty good series
Radio Memories (the real one, not that "network" who stole Ted's name) carries the existing episodes of the series.
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of The Nostalgia Pages
DBCrader

Re: that's from "exploring tomorrow"

Post by DBCrader »

jeffcovey wrote:the episode you heard is from "exploring tomorrow", a pretty good series
gwangi featured it on his radio review here.
Yeah, what was with that, anyway??? It was like the sci-fi version of "The Continental", what with the soft-spoken Campbell and the backround music (As Time Goes By) playing gently in the background!!! "Hey... what's going on here? Is John W. puttin' the moves on me???"