reasonable facsimile

This is the place to talk about general topics dealing with Old-Time Radio...anything that doesn't fit one of the show forums can go here!
frontrowkid

reasonable facsimile

Post by frontrowkid »

The only contests I recall as a OTR kid was where you sent in a box top from the sponsor's cereal with ten cents "in coin." I never could figure out why they would say "in coin" because how else would you send in a dime. Later I learned that they meant "no stamps." They always said "send in your name and address" with a box top or in the case of Ovaltine, the silver lining that covered the mouth of the jar. I recall sending in a dime with a box top off Quaker Puffed Wheat for a Sgt. Preston whistle. There was already a place for your name and address on the boxtop. The box office address was already shown so you could put in on the envelope. The major prizes required you to write an essay "in 25 words or less" (they never specified how much less) as to why you liked the sponsor's product. It sounded tempting but Geez that was just like being in school, because they said that the entries were judged on "neatness originality and punctuation." To answer your original question of reasonable facsimile I can't recall any program offering a contest with those words...using a picture or a drawing.