New Writer with Some Old Ideas

This is the place to talk about general topics dealing with Old-Time Radio...anything that doesn't fit one of the show forums can go here!
Bill D

New Writer with Some Old Ideas

Post by Bill D »

Hello all. My name is Bill and I'm new here.

About five years ago I found some podcast series on iTunes, one of which was Jim Widner's that played a little of everything from the mystery and detective line. Later I found most of the shows available through various archives for Sam Spade, Phillip Marlowe, Casey, Pat Novack, Candy Matson, Michael Shane, and a few others.

My drive to work is about 45 minutes each way, so I put down three or four of the old shows per day. That led me to my fictional detective Raymond Jaye. OTR is responsible for much of his personal history as well as his fictional creation.

I've got some research questions on Ray's behalf, and found this board after stumbling around for a while. I hope it's okay to ask for opinions as to plausibility of certain OTR related things. One big one pertains to his background and is too late to change much. The other is for a work in progress and has to do with conventions.