R.I.P. Shirley Mitchell

No, don't open that door, McGee...Wilcox may be behind it with another Johnson Glo-Cote commercial!

Moderator: Mayor la Trivia

AndrewGilmore

R.I.P. Shirley Mitchell

Post by AndrewGilmore »

Sadly, the last surviving member of the "Fibber McGee and Molly" cast, Shirley Mitchell who played Alice Darling during the war years, passed away yesterday at the age of 94.
CharlieSummers
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Shirley Mitchell

Post by CharlieSummers »

AndrewGilmore wrote:Sadly, the last surviving member of the "Fibber McGee and Molly" cast, Shirley Mitchell who played Alice Darling during the war years, passed away yesterday at the age of 94.
Check the Nostalgic Rumblings Blog for a link to the Hollywood Reporter obit and a photo of Ms. Mitchell from 2009 in the hotel bar with my daughter.
Charlie Summers
The comments here are my personal opinion, and not the official opinion of The Nostalgia Pages
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Of all the characters created during the war years to fill the gap caused by the absence of multi-voiced Bill Thomson, I think Alice Darling was the most entertaining. And that was largely because of the acting skill of Shirley Mitchell, who perfectly captured the persona of the ditzy war worker Alice.
Ertznay

Post by Ertznay »

Sad to hear. Thanks for all the laughs Shirley.