Gildy returning the favor...Some Gildy I didn't know about!

No matter which of the two Gildersleeves is your favorite, you can talk about him here!
jmgpcent

Gildy returning the favor...Some Gildy I didn't know about!

Post by jmgpcent »

Here is a link I discovered purely by accident, while trolling through some other shows of Fibber Mcgee and Molly. It's a rather well-visited site by OTR devotees, so some of you may already know about this. I certainly didn't , and I was pleased to find it. It stars Gildy and Leroy as their old familiar selves. For me it was almost like finding an undiscovered episode. This, to the best of my knowledge, was made because Jim Jordon was sick with pneumonia at the time, and Marian Jordan was ill at various periods during the run of the show. In this episode, Harold Peary is the Gildy we've come to love from his own show, not really the pompous blowhard he came across as when he was a regular on the Fibber show. And Walter Tetley is just like we know and love him. The episode does start to sound a little clunky toward the end, with the Johnson Glo-coat commercial, but then when Harold Peary says good night at the end, all is right with the universe again.

If anyone has any other Gildy material, please post it - we know it's gotta be out there somewhere, and we'd all love to hear some new stuff. It's like finding treasure!

I hope you enjoy this.

http://ia600402.us.archive.org/31/items ... _Visit.mp3