Grass Lake

No matter which of the two Gildersleeves is your favorite, you can talk about him here!
Cobra

Grass Lake

Post by Cobra »

Grass Lake was Gildy's favorite vacation spot -- or at least his most frequently visited. So I found it interesting to learn on the Internet that among other places, there is a village in Michigan named Grass Lake, as well as a school in Illinois. There are probably other Grass Lakes too but the one that may be closest to Gildy's spot is in Wisconsin. "Grass Lake is a 90 acre lake located in Shawano County. It has a maximum depth of 52 feet. Visitors have access to the lake from a public boat landing. Fish include Musky, Panfish, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike and Walleye. The lake's water is moderately clear."
kjkennedy

Post by kjkennedy »

Gildy's Summerfield was supposed to represent Anytown, USA, but I've always felt the writers left clues and references to where about they thought Summerfield really was - and it usually leads to Michigan, so I'm not surprised that there's a Grass Lake there as well.
signalman

Post by signalman »

Grass Lake sounds like a nice place to visit and relax with your family and Friends.
:)